gpg 2

Dimitri John Ledkov xnox at ubuntu.com
Sat Feb 27 17:02:08 UTC 2016

On 27 February 2016 at 12:15, Gianfranco Costamagna
<locutusofborg at debian.org> wrote:

> Hi, while this works beautifully (and thanks for that), upgrading
> stuff in a stable release, breaking something like gpg encryption for
> end users it so bad.
>
> I wish this happened in xenial, rather than in the already released wily
> .
> (I got my thunderbird+gpg broken, so I used plain gpg as fallback)

Thunderbird in Ubuntu follows thunderbird support cycle, and thus we
do push newer thunderbird upstream releases into stable distributions.

Sounds like such an update missed to add "Depends: gnupg2" gnupg2 has
been available since precise, in parallel with gnupg (gnupg1).

--
Regards,

Dimitri.