Neutron beta on Xenial, what is the difference between "linuxbridge_conf.ini" and "linuxbridge_agent.ini" in Neutron?

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 02:27:02 UTC 2016

Guys,

 I'm trying to evaluate Mitaka on Xenial but, I'm seeing that Neutron 8.0.0
b2 on it, have the following file:

 /etc/default/neutron-plugin-linuxbridge-agent

 Which belongs / controls Neutron Server startup, but, it looks for a file
that does not exists:

 /etc/neutron/plugins/linuxbridge/linuxbridge_conf.ini

 The "regular" ML2 Linux Bridge Agent configuration file, still exists here:

 /etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/linuxbridge_agent.ini

 Which is used by Upstart to to launch Neutron ML2 Linux Bridge agent, and
it uses it:

 /etc/init/neutron-plugin-linuxbridge-agent.conf still uses
/etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/linuxbridge_agent.ini.

 So, what is the difference between "plugins/ml2/linuxbridge_agent.ini" and
"plugins/linuxbridge/linuxbridge_conf.ini" ?

 Also, I have clone "openstack-manuals" from Github and I have it
"compiled" with "tox -e docs" but, I found that linuxbridge_conf.ini is
mentioned only once, related to "multi dhcp agents", here:

https://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals/blob/master/doc/admin-guide-cloud/source/networking_multi-dhcp-agents.rst

 Can someone clarify what have to be inside of
"/etc/neutron/plugins/linuxbridge/linuxbridge_conf.ini" for a regular
setup?ww

 Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Thiago