Foibles in Zesty

JMZ florentior at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 08:53:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

Okay, I should've made bug reports for zesty problems.  Maybe it's not
too late.  I just wanted to check in to see if other users have had
similar problems.  I dropped back down from zesty alpha to yakkety,
which solved all my problems.  I have system files all ready to go when
zesty gets to beta 1.  Things should be okay by then.

Oddities when running zesty alpha:

--> System "hangs" on reboot.

----> The "hang" displays a black screen or color ascii garbled mess.
Often there is a video recovery, but no display of /etc/xdg/autostart
files.  Takes two or three reboots from console for autostart files to load.

Context:

I load my xrandr video parameters from .bashrc (ie. per user session and
not universally for the computer).  I have two model files: one for
running the laptop with an external monitor, and one for running the
laptop screen solo.  Again, either model works fine in yakkety but not
zesty.  Hopefully zesty will let me continue this method when it reaches
beta.

Thanks, Jordan