[pulseaudio] Enable support for libsoxr

Andrey Semashev andrey.semashev at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 12:16:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'd like to ask to enable support for libsoxr-based resamplers in the official Ubuntu
packages for pulseaudio. The upstream already supports libsoxr and
automatically detects its availability, so the only change really needed is to add
the build dependency to debian/control.

The resamplers based in libsoxr offer better quality and better performace while
introducing more delay compared to the speex resamplers that are used by
default. The resamplers are documented in the man pages of pulseaudio in
Ubuntu 16.04 but unfortunately are not enabled at build time ('pulseaudio --dump-
resample-methods' doesn't list them). I've built local packages with libsoxr and
verified that the resampler works as expected.

I'm new to this list, so I'm not sure how to proceed from here. Should I create a
bug report asking for this feature?

Thanks.