How to recompile 'gcc-4.9-4.9.2' package with different prefix?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Apr 20 19:39:59 UTC 2016

On Wed, 20 Apr 2016 20:25:57 +0300, Valeriy Solovyov wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 4:06 PM, YunQiang Su wrote:

>>>The configure options should be in the file debian/rules. There
>>>might be an install file, assumed files aren't handled by the
>>>upstream build system.
>>
>>Debian packages don't support so many/heavy configuration changes,
>>until you have a big patch.
>
>How I can patch sources but don't rebuild?

In general you need to edit the rules file or files and a possible
install file, usually with an editor. For some packages this is easy
to do, gcc-4.9 is a "little" bit tricky. It's not just that configure
provides --prefix=, --libdir=, --libexecdir= etc., there's not just a
single debian/rules file. The wording "big patch" could be reworded to
"you need a lot to rewrite using an editor, before you can start
compiling and building the package".

It's not helpful to top post, after the first reply bottom posted,
especially since bottom/inline posting is preferred Ubuntu mailing list
etiquette.

Regards,
Ralf