Please implement Click-lock

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Sep 20 08:03:44 UTC 2015

On Sun, 20 Sep 2015 02:18:04 +0200, Markus M. wrote:
>There are quite a lot of similar solutions, but none does exactly what
>Windows Click-lock does and there's no other good way, nobody on QA
>sites seemed to be satisfied with these, including myself. As this is
>to simplify input, especially for those who need accessibility
>features, the current solutions are too hard to use.

You can not use Windows environment tools to control your Linux
environment. What exactly does Click-lock that you need? A short web
research shows that it seems to be a tool to select items in a file
manager.

For Linux we usually do this with the Shift-key or the Ctrl-key
depending on what exactly we want select, in combination with the mouse
button. If you should be handicapped you might be unable to push a
keyboard key and a mouse key at the same time.

We need to know what exactly you want to do and what handicap you've
got. We also need to know which Linux alternatives didn't satisfy you.

Selecting items by command line using wild cards and/or regular
expressions isn't an option?

Regards,
Ralf