Getting ubuntu iso securely

Ryein Goddard ryein.goddard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 00:50:52 UTC 2015

Oh that wasn't me.  Having a downloader that actually checks to make sure
it downloaded properly and has the correct sum is going to be more secure
then not checking at all.  In the off chance the script/ "program" is
hacked a long with the ubuntu ISO all hope is lost, but that is two attack
vectors as opposed to one.  So slightly more secure having an automated
downloader and checksum checker in my humble opinion, but you are right it
isn't perfect and currently that way is fine for me.  I was just trying to
offer suggestions.