On fresh installation of beta 2, DSL/PPPoE doesn't work

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 14 14:12:55 UTC 2015

hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 14.10.2015, 10:33 +0300 schrieb Mustafa Muhammad:
> Hi,
> I've reported this days before 15.04 release, there were no time to
> fix before that release.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1446689
> Now, we are approaching 15.10, the fix should be straight forward,
> adding a build flag or adding pppoe as a dependency.
> Could you please fix before release.

one of the problems with solving this bug for you is that rp-pppoe is in
universe, so it cant be preinstalled without main inclusion etc.
i wonder why you need teh userspace pppoe for your specific modem,
perhaps fixing the in-kernel pppoe instead to support your specific
modem might be a better way to go (though this might even be harder to
achieve this shortly before release) ...

we are just discussiong the bug on IRC in #ubuntu-devel, lets see what
comes out of this ...

ciao
	oli