Change what is considered by apt-get as major amount of disk space

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 12:42:43 UTC 2015

apt-get will ask user about using significant amounts of disk space

but it seems that what is considered as significant needs adjustment,
for me "major amount of disk space" is about 200MB but apt-get will ask
questions like "After this operation, 9805 kB of additional disk space will
be
used. Do you want to continue? [Y/n]".

I propose increasing this threshold to 50MB.

I know that I can use parameters (with aliases or apt.conf I can even make
it
permanent) to completely skip this check.

I am not aware about any way that allows user to configure this threshold
(see
http://askubuntu.com/questions/596691/how-can-i-stop-apt-get-from-asking-about-using-minor-amounts-of-additional-disk
).

Note: i was directed to this mailing list by
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs
("Discussing features and existing policy") linked from
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/