Kernel releases

Christopher.Carlson at zodiacaerospace.com Christopher.Carlson at zodiacaerospace.com
Thu Jul 30 18:49:37 UTC 2015

Thank you for your reply, Paul.

BTW, I'm running 14.04.2 LTS.x86_64.

I also don't always restart, but I presume the only reason we got a kernel
update is because of a bug or security, which encourages me to restart. It
nags at me (not the system, but my concern that there's a problem
lurking).

My whining is brought on by my strong dislike of Microsoft, and I get
irritated that I have to reboot my Windows 7 machine every week.  To think
that Ubuntu is following in their footsteps concerns me.

Yes, I could scan the release notes to see if I really need this update,
and thanks for the link.  I've only got 57 of them on my system. Ugh.  I
have to clean up my /boot directory every couple of months or so to keep
it reasonable.

Anyway, I appreciate the time you took to respond to me.

Sincerely,
Chris Carlson