pidgin package update...

Dimitri John Ledkov xnox at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 17 23:46:17 UTC 2015

On 17 February 2015 at 22:32, Anonymous <anonymous at hoi-polloi.org> wrote:
> Hi there! There is a Pidgin update from pidgin.im with some security fixes in October that are not currently in the Ubuntu Pidgin package.
>
> Ubuntu has us at Pidgin 2.10.9, and Pidgin 2.10.10 is out with some security updates. I was hoping you folks could take a look at updating the package for Ubuntu users.

Check the CVE rather than version numbers.

CVE tracker at http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/

All of those CVE fixes are released in all supported ubuntu releases.
See package version numbers with fixes in pages below.

http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/2014/CVE-2014-3694.html

http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/2014/CVE-2014-3695.html

http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/2014/CVE-2014-3696.html

http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/2014/CVE-2014-3698.html