Please, complete this bug report

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Dec 20 19:16:51 UTC 2015

On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 19:49:53 +0100, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
>Please enter any package manager that is unlisted in:
>https://bugs.launchpad.net/apt/+bug/1528028

"For example if I install the "cortina" package, it takes with it the
GNOME Display Manager and plenty of wallpapers. Then if I uninstall it
and do "sudo apt-get autoremove" those packages are not detected as
unused."

Hi,

it's not a bug of the package management, it's an user error.

They were not automatically installed to satisfy dependencies.
Installing a recommended or suggested dependency should be
considered as being explicitly installed and you don't want that
autoremove affects explicitly installed packages.

GNOME Display Manager isn't a hard dependency, it's an optional
dependency, for Ubuntu one of the _recommended_ dependencies, take a
look at http://packages.ubuntu.com/wily/cortina
-> http://packages.ubuntu.com/wily/gnome-shell

If you're using apt-get, then install with the
"--no-install-recommends" option. If you're using a GUI instead of
apt-get, read it's fine manual.

Regards,
Ralf
--