llvm 3.7 broken in mint because upstream

Jarkko Korpi jarkko_korpi at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 19 11:10:44 UTC 2015

From: jarkko_korpi at hotmail.com
To: ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: llvm 3.7 broken in mint because upstream
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 03:24:01 +0000

I am using Linux mint 17.2 and I use oibaf ppa for radeonsi drivers. They provide

OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 11.2.0-devel (git-0a6a17b 2015-12-18 trusty-oibaf-ppa)

support when my card would already support 4.1 and using mint provided packages it's even worse. I think the packages provided only opengl 2.0 or 2.1 support. This means that I have many games that doent work because of this.

Now the issue. Oipaf doesnt provide llvm 3.7 compiled packages so I could have more recent opengl extensions because

"When Ubuntu will provide an llvm that properly build on i386."

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum/linux-graphics-x-org-drivers/opengl-vulkan-mesa-gallium3d/24959-updated-and-optimized-ubuntu-free-graphics-drivers?p=840979#post840979

This is not only a problem with Linux mint.

See this link

https://steamcommunity.com/app/255220/discussions/0/494631967653421296/