Green hard disk drives

João M. S. Silva joao.m.santos.silva at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 23:40:55 UTC 2015

Hi Ralf,

Maybe you could help me clarify something from your experience: in my
case, since the disk I'm talking about is the system disk (root
partition) it is almost impossible to have it go to sleep, right? I
mean, there will always be some writes from time to time.

This is basically a backup server, and the backups (different ones) take
place at 0:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 and 4:00, if I'm not mistaken.
Otherwise, it will be sleeping all day.

I have the /boot and swap partitions in a flash memory (only 2 GB).

Thanks.

--
João M. S. Silva