equivalent of chkconfig

Luis Mondesi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 22:28:57 UTC 2015

Exactly for those reasons.

What we probably would like to see is "update-service" which would wrap all init services into one umbrella.

update-service --list # shows all services and init running it: runit, upstart, systemd, and sysv to start
update-service <command> <service> [service] # for trying to call "command" for each of the services' init systems. Essentially, same as /sbin/service does in Fedora/RHEL 7 which was missed in Debian/Ubuntu. The difference is that this tool would also work in batch mode and also enable/disable services.

--
Luis