14.02 up-rev NSS lib so Netflix can play

Louis Bouchard louis.bouchard at canonical.com
Mon Sep 22 13:41:05 UTC 2014

Hello,

Le 22/09/2014 14:49, Marc Deslauriers a écrit :
> Hi Paul,
>
> This morning NSS was updated to 3.17 in all supported version of Ubuntu.
>
> I can confirm that presently all that is required to watch Netflix in Chrome is
> a User-Agent change.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marc.
>
> /me goes back to watching "The Killing".

It should be noted that this is true only for the *Chrome* web browser and not
the *chromium* variant.

Trying to view streaming from Chromium, even with the proper library will fails
with an error complaining about a missing WidevineCdm and an error #14759.

Doing the same from Chrome works perfectly.

Thanks for adding the adequate library.

Kind regards,

...Louis

--
Louis Bouchard
Software engineer, Cloud & Sustaining eng.