libxerces-c2-dev in debian jessie

Adrián Orellana adrian03410 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 13:41:30 UTC 2014

Hi,
I am trying to install ladybug from point gray in debian jessie but it was
developed for ubuntu 12.04

As a dependence it has libxerces-c2-dev.

I saw from the debian maintainer that he considers obsolete that package
and requires to point the dependences to libxerces-c-dev that he says are
now pointing to libxerces-c3-dev .

I don't know how to deal with this problem. I downloaded the package
libxerces-c2-dev_2.8.0+deb1-2build3_amd64.deb from
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/amd64/libxerces-c2-dev/2.8.0+deb1-2build3
and trying to see their dependences:

dpkg -I libxerces-c2-dev_2.8.0+deb1-2build3_amd64.deb
 paquete debian nuevo, versión 2.0.
 tamaño 772132 bytes: archivo de control= 17912 bytes.
     747 bytes,    17 líneas     control
   54704 bytes,   612 líneas     md5sums
 Package: libxerces-c2-dev
 Source: xerces-c2
 Version: 2.8.0+deb1-2build3
 Architecture: amd64
 Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com>
  Xerces-C++ is a validating XML parser written in a portable subset of C++.
  This package contains the development files for Xerces. It also contains
  various sample files.

I guess that I can't install it on jessie, please show me some way to
install it or to solve my problem to get ladybug working on jessie.

Thanks in advance,

Adrian