Question about libgstreamer0.10-dev
bolin.hsu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 00:37:07 UTC 2014
I found some inconsistency in the libgstreamer0.10-dev package. The package
version is 0.10.36. But the header file shows 0.10.21. How would one fix
By the way, I encountered the problem on 64-bit ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS. For
comparison, I installed the same package libgstreamer0.10-dev on 32-bit
ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS and found the header file consistent with the package
The following is what I observed on 64-bit ubuntu:
# dpkg -S /usr/include/gstreamer-0.10/gst/gstversion.h
# dpkg -s libgstreamer0.10-dev
Status: install ok installed
Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com>
Version: 0.10.36-1ubuntu1Replaces: gobject-introspection-repository (<<
0.6.5-2), gstreamer-tools (<< 0.10.20-2)
Depends: libgstreamer0.10-0 (= 0.10.36-1ubuntu1), libc6-dev | libc-dev,
pkg-config, libglib2.0-dev, libxml2-dev, libc6 (>= 2.2.5), libglib2.0-0 (>=
2.24), gir1.2-gstreamer-0.10 (= 0.10.36-1ubuntu1)
Description: GStreamer core development files
GStreamer is a streaming media framework, based on graphs of filters
which operate on media data. Applications using this library can do
anything from real-time sound processing to playing videos, and just
about anything else media-related. Its plugin-based architecture means
that new data types or processing capabilities can be added simply by
installing new plug-ins.
This package contains development files for the core library and
Original-Maintainer: Maintainers of GStreamer packages <
pkg-gstreamer-maintainers at lists.alioth.debian.org>
# cat /usr/include/gstreamer-0.10/gst/gstversion.h
* Copyright (C) 1999,2000 Erik Walthinsen <omega at cse.ogi.edu>
* 2000 Wim Taymans <wtay at chello.be>
* gstversion.h: Version information for GStreamer
* This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
* modify it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public
* License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
* version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
* This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
* Library General Public License for more details.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU Library General Public
* License along with this library; if not, write to the
* Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330,
* Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.
* @short_description: GStreamer version macros.
* Use the GST_VERSION_* macros e.g. when defining own plugins. The
* runtime checks if these plugin and core version match and refuses to use
* plugin compiled against a different version of GStreamer.
* You can also use the macros to keep the GStreamer version information in
* your application.
* Use the gst_version() function if you want to know which version of
* GStreamer you are currently linked against.
* The version macros get defined by including "gst/gst.h".
* The major version of GStreamer at compile time:
#define GST_VERSION_MAJOR (0)
/** * GST_VERSION_MINOR:
* The minor version of GStreamer at compile time:
#define GST_VERSION_MINOR (10)
* The micro version of GStreamer at compile time:
#define GST_VERSION_MICRO (21)
* The nano version of GStreamer at compile time:
* Actual releases have 0, CVS versions have 1, prerelease versions have
#define GST_VERSION_NANO (0)
* @major: a number indicating the major version
* @minor: a number indicating the minor version
* @micro: a number indicating the micro version
* Check whether a GStreamer version equal to or greater than
* major.minor.micro is present.
* Since: 0.10.18
#define GST_CHECK_VERSION(major,minor,micro) \
(GST_VERSION_MAJOR > (major) || \
(GST_VERSION_MAJOR == (major) && GST_VERSION_MINOR > (minor)) || \
(GST_VERSION_MAJOR == (major) && GST_VERSION_MINOR == (minor) && \
GST_VERSION_MICRO >= (micro)))
#endif /* __GST_VERSION_H__ */
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ubuntu-devel-discuss