Support for lucene-fts in dovecot-2.2 (trusty)

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Wed May 14 15:13:44 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 04:45:10PM +0200, ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.nk7.net wrote:
> Is there any specific reason why lucene-fts plugin is not included
> in the package?

It looks like this was fixed in Debian on 10 March, and Ubuntu's feature
freeze for Trusty had already passed on 20 Feb, so this feature missed
the release.

Additionally, since dovecot is in main in Ubuntu, so we'll need to see
if we will be able to pull the new universe dependency libstemmer-dev
into main or not, which it looks like we'll need to make this work.

Robie