core unix command broken in latest updates

Robert Park robert.park at canonical.com
Tue May 13 21:23:40 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Dale Amon <amon at vnl.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 02:45:30PM -0400, Marc Deslauriers wrote:
>> We haven't released any security updates for debhelper.
>> What exactly were you expecting as the result of the dh command?
>
> I used it in some old package scripts. In the interrum I've looked over
> this and I can live without it. I'll live. Not as much hassle as I
> thought when I hit in fresh out of bed this morning.

We would be better able to help you if you told us more specifically
what it was you were trying to accomplish when you ran the command.

dh is debhelper, which is a tool that aids in building debian
packages. As far as I'm aware, it's not something that you'd just run
with no arguments (it has a lot of different subcommands and options
for them). The error message states that debian/control file is
missing. Are you in the right directory? (eg the one with the package
you're trying to work on).

I can't help but wonder if maybe you meant a different command
entirely, such as df or du.