core unix command broken in latest updates

Dale Amon amon at vnl.com
Tue May 13 17:04:33 UTC 2014

It just seems strange that something like this could slip
past in a set of updates to a package... but the dh
command is not working after the last security update I
did via dselect.

$ dh
dh: No compatibility level specified in debian/compat
dh: This package will soon FTBFS; time to fix it!
dh: cannot read debian/control: No such file or directory

Someone, somewhere, should be taken out to the woodshed.

Other info:

Linux 3.11.0-20-generic #35-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 2 21:32:49 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Updated this weekend, rebooted last night. I am also getting panels in
the GUI world that are thrown up saying there is an internal error and
then send a bug report. I have not time to dig... I will be at an
aerospace conference the rest of the week.

A work around / fix would be appreciated. I am hoping there
is just something to be added to debian/compat to make it
happy.