[ 14.04 / autofs: 5.0.7-3ubuntu1 ] autofs stopped working

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 02:32:50 UTC 2014

On 3/29/14, 10:04 PM, Martín Cigorraga wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> can you tell me please where should I head for support? I've found
> that the original autofs mailing list is gone and I'm unsure where to
> ask for help with my issue.
>
> Best regards
> --
> /Martin

For that matter, where does one head for help in 14.04? I have a couple
of issues on my test machines.
One is with video resolution that seems kernel level on a rather old
machine and antique nvidia card.
The other is giving strangeness with overlayfs.
Neither is a show stopper, as I can break the overlay and update the
kernel/grub and the other is simply stuck in 640x480, but it would be
nice to get another pair of eyes on each problem to ensure it's a bug
and not a keyboard-chair interface issue.