Our Networking Story

Dale Amon amon at vnl.com
Mon Mar 10 16:14:16 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 09:49:02AM +0100, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> network manager stores its system connection info in a text file in .ini
> style format in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections

Thanks for that pointer... but there is nothing in there about
eth0, only the WiFi connections past and present.

I was sort of hoping for a control file that would let me
command network manager "Don't use eth0 until I come back and
allow you to do so again".

And yes, I can see all sorts of issues between it and the
interfaces file, but if there are going to be two ways to
control interfaces, that needs to be sorted eventually.

But I'll settle for a good way to reliably switch eth0
back and forth between netmanager and the interfaces files.