Adding the boot repair tool to the iso

staticd staticd.growthecommons at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 11:07:45 UTC 2014

Is it too late to add it to the iso?
Are any tasks that can be delegated to a non-noob (me) that might expedite
this? :)

Rationale:
The LTS iso is going to be used by a lot of new users for the next 2 years.
Having this tool in the iso itself will improve the user experience because
a very large number of "I tried to install ubuntu, but something went wrong
and it took me a week of struggling at the command line to fix it" problems
will be avoided. Having repair and reinstallation on the same image will
also present a more intuitive and consistent interface.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/boot-repair/+bug/806291