apt and pdiff files

Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn alanjas at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 17 20:31:16 UTC 2014

> From: mapreri at ubuntu.com
> Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 21:10:52 +0100
> Subject: Re: apt and pdiff files
> To: ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 8:23 PM, Dan Chen <email address hidden> wrote:
> > cf. http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.devel/28674
>
> thanks, didn't catch that during my hunting...
>
> But seems the discussion dropped without any serious motivation...
> Shall we discuss it another time?
>
> Just my 2 cents in support of the adoption of pdiff:
> 1) archive for stable release doesn't change so often, pdiff will became useful
> 2) maybe we can change dinstall crontab to run every 2 hours, it's not
> such a loss from my point of view
> 3) with my not-so-fast connection download ~20 MB of archive is slower
> than all debian pdiffs for ~5 days delta.
>
> Let's see if anyone else is interested in this.
I have Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty).I run apt-get update and every time it dowloads around 14 mb!!And I check and there are the same files! There are 2 bigs of ~6mb and other of ~5mb.
Related to this I found this bug that was closed.
But I add a comment:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1001780/comments/20/