Some development of pyg

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Mon Dec 15 17:25:33 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have been trying to make pyg (https://packages.debian.org/pyg) useful
for me. https://gitlab.com/mcepl/pyg is now buildable with setup.py
build on non-Debian platforms (I am on RHEL-7). Next steps will be
furious removal all stuff unnecessary on python >= 2.6 (or 2.7, not
sure), which will be probably a lot (see some preliminary work in other
branches of that repo). Particularly I would love to put the whole
binary extension out of its misery and replace it with pure Python
solution (if possible).

Any comments on the progress so far?

Best,

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it.
  -- Aristotle