virtualbox dependency

Gianfranco Costamagna costamagnagianfranco at yahoo.it
Thu Dec 4 09:19:01 UTC 2014

Hi,

I talked with Ritesh, the debian maintainer.

dkms is a Dependency, and virtualbox-dkms correctly depends on dkms.

For just virtualbox, virtualbox-dkms | virtualbox-source is defined as
Recommends.

Because there can be users who hand compile drivers.

The real problem lies with dkms:

cheers,

Gianfranco
(who comaintain virtualbox since some weeks)