Devuan

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 3 20:07:16 UTC 2014

On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 17:28:38 +0000
ubuntu-devel-discuss-request at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:

>  There
> is no requirement in Debian to use systemd as the init system.

I may be out of date as I have lost interest in Debian but believe the
concerning difference of devuan is that Debian has made it clear that
there is no *requirement* of Debian to support init freedom.

If the project IS successful then the reason (lack of upstream support)
for Ubuntu to switch is null and void and my guess would be that the
work done toward systemd since and the need to support upstart for >4
years should perhaps logically atleast bring about a re-consideration.

Here's hoping for functional yet simple and user empowering systems.

Some see that as polkit and systemd but I absolutely do not.

Quite... no, Almost interesting really.