Extra Pane in Nautilus

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 29 22:22:06 UTC 2013

On 29 March 2013 22:12, Greg Williams <mttbrnsmls at outlook.com> wrote:
> Why won't the Ubuntu-Developers switch to the Marlin File-Browser? Why are
> they continuing to use Nautilus with such a weakening feature base?

I understand that the problem is that Nautilus also handles the
desktop and other stuff.  It is not just the file manager.  There is
nothing to stop you installing Marlin of course.  When I tried it,
however, it seemed rather deficient in some areas.  I submitted some
bugs but there has been little response.  There does not seem to be a
lot of activity on the source.

Colin