How is app information in Ubuntu Software Center maintained?

Ma Xiaojun damage3025 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 16:25:05 UTC 2013

I guess many app-install-data-ubuntu related bug can be fixed by tweaking
https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~j-johan-edwards/archive-index/app-install/files/head:/config/

On the other hand, can packagers of particular software fix such bug
on by themselves?
Since they should have better idea how the software should be shown in USC.

I do see https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/app-install-data-ubuntu/ubuntu/view/head:/README
It seems like we can tweak the .desktop files in packages to change
how the software is shown in USC.

However, the information is not complete.
And ousider have no idea when the app-install-data-ubuntu would be regenerated.