Sleep mode on Thinkpad x201

Alexandre Strube surak at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 15 12:33:21 UTC 2013

Hello list,

>From 12.10 to 13.04 updated daily, one bug appears and disappears again
every couple of updates. The bug is related to the Lenovo X201 entering
sleep mode.

It's a kind of russian roulette. I never know if the machine will wake up
again. Most of the time it just stays there. Black screen, no answer to
capslock or usb, nothing. Just the disk showing activity every now and
then. Apart from that, the machine is as dead as it can be.

Sometimes, it works for weeks. Sometimes, at the first time it enters sleep
mode, things go bad.

I don't even know what to look for and to which component I should open
this bug against. Can anyone point me to somewhere?

--
[]
Alexandre Strube
surak at ubuntu.com