This missing kernel headers on our latest stable release madness...

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 05:55:34 UTC 2013

2013/2/22 Scott Ritchie <scottritchie at ubuntu.com>:
> I've been absolutely flooded with informal reports over a period of several
> months now of 12.10 being still broken with regards to proprietary drivers.
>
> Reports like this are typical, especially after the influx of steam users:
> "Installed ubuntu + proprietary amd drivers, got no unity at 800x600 on next
> reboot and uninstalled."
>
> The proximate cause is a combination of
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers-updates/+bug/1068341
> and https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1070427

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe this bug report
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/jockey/+bug/1123107 could be
the one that has the fix for all the bugs. The fix is now in
precise-proposed, with quantal being "In Progress". CC:ing Alberto who
has been working on the jockey/ubuntu-drivers-common/nvidia-common
updates.

-Timo