Privacy features in Touch (cyanogenmod)?

Matt B. mttbrnsmls at outlook.com
Tue Jun 18 13:26:31 UTC 2013

I wish more software companies developed built-in Privacy features and user-control of app internet connections.

The internet is a PUBLIC space and I don't like software companies working to put all my data there--including my local searches--while simultaneously doing nothing to bring enhanced privacy features to the OS.

Can the upcoming Ubuntu-Touch incorporate some of the cynaogenmod-like Privacy features into Ubuntu Touch?
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/06/how-cyanogenmods-founder-is-giving-android-users-their-privacy-back/

I'd also like to see the ability of Ubuntu Desktop to be able to control what apps can and cannot connect to the internet etc. Unfortunately all Ubuntu seems to be working on is features that create privacy concerns (like the scopes sending search requests to Canonical servers).

Please consider Privacy an important feature in Ubuntu/Ubuntu Touch. Which Mobile-OS I select to use will largely be determined by not just its freedom but also what it offers me in terms of Privacy & Control over how my data get on the internet. I want a say in whether an app can connect to the internet and when & why it connects to the internet.