Puppet version bump

John Moser john.r.moser at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 21:05:02 UTC 2013

On 01/26/2013 04:01 PM, Tom H wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 2:19 PM, John Moser <john.r.moser at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I'm noticing that 2.7 is still the version of Puppet in Raring; however,
>> version 3.0 was released October 1, 2012, before release of 12.04:
>
> I assume that you mean 13.04.

I meant 12.10.  Point being this stuff was out before the last version
was released, should have been a bump after release since all the
feature freezes come off for the new dev cycle.

the numbers.  They flip flop a lot.  These are not the binary digits you
are looking for.

>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/puppet-users/lqmTBX9XDtw/discussion
>>
>> Does this package currently not have a maintainer, or is it just slow in
>> Debian as well?
>
> There were two puppet 3.0.0-rcX uploads to Debian experimental in May
> and they'll move to unstable, and therefore be inheritable by Ubuntu,
> once Debian 7's released.

They're past -rc, it's at 3.0.2 now.  I would avoid an -rc update; at
least 3.0.0 stable.