Brother brscan2 not working on 12.10

Lanoxx lanoxx at gmx.net
Tue Jan 15 11:00:35 UTC 2013

Hello,

does anyone know if the proprietary Brother Driver for their scanner
generation brscan2 is no longer working on ubuntu 12.10? It was working
fine for me in 12.04 but ever since the upgrade I cannot scan anymore.
Are their maybe any open source drivers available which I can try?

If any fix is known, or you know some bug report or mail discussing this
problem, I would be more than happy to hear about it.

Currently lsusb lists my printer and I can print, but none of the
scanner tools detect the scanner (no matter if they are started as root
or not). I tried so far with sane-find-scanner, scanimage, xsane,
simple-scan, brsaneconfig2, to no avail. I have a DCP-560CN which is
using the generation 2 drivers.

Kind Regards
Lanoxx