auto generated menu.lst file contents

Alexandre Strube surak at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 4 17:36:49 UTC 2013

Hello Saqlain,

you know the saying: give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man
to fish....

The best thing of open source is that, well, you have the source. Inside
the apt repository files, you can uncomment the source repositories, and,
after an apt-get update, instead of downloading the binary, you can
download the source.

Out of my memory, I suggest you download grub's source, find the source
file(s) of the update-grub, and start by looking at simple functions that
open files, such as fopen(), or for some strings (as some of these file
names might be hardcoded), or just stroll around the code. You would be
amazed at how much one is able to learn just by looking at some
never-seen-before code (or horrified, depending on the case) - but in any
case, you will learn WHILE having a mental challenge.

I sincerely hope this helps.