How to Write Correct copyright File?

Andrew Starr-Bochicchio a.starr.b at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 23:46:37 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 3:27 AM, Ade Malsasa Akbar <teknoloid at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, it is the my first e-mail :)

Welcome!

> I wanna my copyright file inside debian/usr/share/doc/myapp/ become correct
> and Ubuntu Software Center detect my DEB as Open Source. I've followed what
> Debian Packaging Pages here and as addition, Lintian doesn't say any ERROR
> or WARNING about my copyright file. But Ubuntu Software Center says unknown
> at License field when open my DEB.

Your copyright file looks perfect. Unfortunately, software-center
still doesn't actually parse the copyright file to gather that
information. It seems to use "License: Open Source" or everything in
Ubuntu main and universe, "Proprietary" for things in restricted, and
"Unknown" for everything else. There is an open bug report about the
issue here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-center/+bug/435183

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>