kexec and Grub

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 8 19:27:28 UTC 2013

On 8 February 2013 10:04, Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff
<sergey at elementaryos.org> wrote:
>> Nice... Now can you tell grub to boot entry 1, 3, 7, etc?  Read an alternate grub.conf?
>>
>> Rapid reboot :)
>
> Yes, you can, with "grub-reboot" command. You should probably team up
> with the script kitties behind Unity Reboot
> (http://www.webupd8.org/2013/01/unity-reboot-launcher-to-quickly-reboot.html)
> and implement a faster reboot sequence. I believe it would be
> beneficial for both parties.

Wait a second. There is a whole plan and design to integrated "Reboot
into" in the g-s-d panel and the reboot popup.

We want this in ubuntu as well =)

Mpt, can you point where the designs are? Since technically the
utility exists and prof of concept it should be quick to integrate.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.