High priority bug (IMHO) that needs to be fixed before Raring Release?

Thomas Novin thomas at xyz.pp.se
Fri Apr 19 09:27:54 UTC 2013

I upgraded to Raring the other day (from 12.04.2 LTS). Used Skype and
noticed that all notification sounds sounds very distorted. Like a
blown-out speaker.

Googled it and found a solution in a askubuntu.com-question.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/157891/skype-and-vlc-sounds-sizzle-distorted-bad

And then on launchpad also, don't know about VLC because I haven't used it

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/751265

But, the main thing is, should users really have to do this, edit config
files manually to get a common app as Skype to work?

I have no clue what this tsched=0 does but it works for me..

Rgds//Thomas