Crashes from Unity/Xorg continues with 12.10

Thomas Novin thomas at xyz.pp.se
Tue Oct 23 17:22:05 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Timo Aaltonen <tjaalton at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On 23.10.2012 09:36, Thomas Novin wrote:
> > However, after logging in, I didn't get any notification that my system
> had
> > crashed and question about submitting. I then read here:
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ErrorTracker and changed under Privacy >
> > Diagnostics, Send error reports to Canonical. This has no effect though,
> > after logging out and then in again I get no question about submitting my
> > crash.
> >
> > Now I entered this setting again and the option was unchecked! It seems
> > that checking that option doesn't stick.
> >
> > Please advice, how should I handle/report my crashing Xorg/Unity..
>
> File a bug with 'apport-bug /var/crash/_usr_bin_Xorg.0.crash'.

Ok, did that now. One thing is a bit buggy I think, it asks me twice "Your
display manager log files may help developers diagnose the bug, but may
contain sensitive information such as your hostname.  Do you want to
include these logs in your bug report?" and also "Would you be willing to
do additional debugging work?"

Now I think it's submitted. Although I got no confirmation or bug-id after
it was done.

Rgds//Thomas