Ubuntu for Android

James Haigh james.r.haigh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 22:04:17 UTC 2012

Hi,

Ubuntu for Android was announced in February and it's now October. It looks
like an amazing solution and I can't wait! I think it would really help
with college work so the sooner the better.

Does anyone know anything about it? Where is the development / alpha / beta
source code? Can I install it on pre-existing rooted devices?

What is the ETA for the first pre-installed Ubuntu for Android phone? Will
I be able to get a Samsung Galaxy Note II with Ubuntu for Android?

Can the Ubuntu desktop be accessed from the device itself? That would be
especially useful for tablets with docking keyboards, or when no monitor or
keyboard is to hand.

Are there any UfA mailing lists that I can subscribe to so that I can be
informed of progress and availability as soon as is announced?

Alternatively, does anyone know of a Free / Open-source alternative to
Complete Linux Installer? Does anyone know if VMGL could be used with such
a Linux installer to enable hardware acceleration?

Looking forward to UfA,
James Haigh.