Update manager mandating rebooting

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 6 09:07:47 UTC 2012

On 31 October 2012 11:49, Daniel J Blueman <daniel at quora.org> wrote:
> I'd love to hear what other users and developers think about this:
>
> The refreshed update manager (almost) always displays "The computer needs to
> restart to finish installing updates", with a default button "Restart"
> highlighted. Not only that, the window close button is not present.

I am not supporting the current interface, but just pointing out that
it it still possible to close the update manager by right clicking it
in the launcher and selecting quit.

I notice though that after this mornings updates, which I did via
command line and which updated the kernel the gear icon has not gone
red.  If I run the update manager however it says that I need to
reboot but the icon is still not red.

Colin