Questions About Ubuntu One Music Store

Ma Xiaojun damage3025 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 07:02:33 UTC 2012

1. Where is the discussion channel?
I know this list may not be a good choice.

2. Why is it available in English only?
I find it annoying to find Chinese artists and songs using English names.
I guess non-English speaking people may have similar feelings.

3. Why is it use patented MP3 format?
There may be reasons.
However, Rhythmbox behaves ridiculously when MP3 related stuff is not
installed (the state after fresh install).
It asked me for password twice and even got apport poped up later.
I was too lazy to debug this and installed "ubuntu-restricted-extra" manually.
( I can use a VM with snapshot to try later )