Bug #882254 [please advise]

Lindsey Augustine lindtine334 at hotmail.com
Tue May 29 22:52:15 UTC 2012

Hi.

I, and others, are experiencing a significant bug on 12.04 that I was hoping can be fixed. I was hoping to get some advice from developers on it.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sysvinit/+bug/882254

The bug is that the Display Resolution always resets to Max Brightness after boot. Max Brightness is 15. But I use a Brightness of 3. So you can see the severity of this bug for battery life, heat, fan noise, and display health. It is important that it be fixed.

Can an Ubuntu developer please fix this?
or can a developer please advise me on what approach/es I should take to ultimately get it fixed? The method/s proposed in the bug report have not worked.

thank you so much.