questions about current ways of work in Ubuntu release process

Evan Huus eapache at gmail.com
Wed May 9 15:40:20 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Sivan Greenberg <sivan at omniqueue.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>  Some of you might remember me, some of you won't. I used to be part
> of the Ubuntu community and loved every minute of it. I've been drawn
> to some other open source projects since then, but the apparent
> quality boost I'm experiencing with 12.04 has left me eager and
> curious about things, not to mention Mark's helped to engage this
> curiosity[0].
>
> So, I'm terribly curious about:
>
> 5) Is 'Fauna' another software / cloud component? (I've never seen
> such a blog post with so many cryptic words for the non native English
> speaker ;)

English borrows that from Latin:
flora & fauna === plants & animals

He was simply referring to the animal code names that Ubuntu uses.

Also, I believe you missed your footnote link:
[0] http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/1121

Sorry I can't help with any of the other more interesting questions.
Evan