Canonical Privacy Policy linked in Privacy Panel is Poor in Quality

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 26 18:41:48 UTC 2012

In the new Privacy Panel I wanted to note that the Privacy Policy linked
is of poor quality and does not really begin to cover how end-user data
is stored, handled and whether it is anonymized.

http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/privacypolicy

The referenced Privacy Policy is at best a simple Website Privacy Policy
and although I know this is not a Development issue perhaps
whomever worked on the Privacy Panel can ensure that this is looked
into since we want to be Precise and Transparent about how end-user
information collected from Ubuntu Installs is used.

--
Benjamin Kerensa             "I am what I am because
Team Lead, Ubuntu Oregon      of who we all are" - Ubuntu