Controlling menubar title on Ubuntu 11.10?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 16:07:19 UTC 2012

(I initially sent this to ubuntu-devel, but it didn't make it through.)

Hello.

I wrote an application that, at startup, prompts the user for a file
(using a standard "open file" dialog).  Ubuntu 11.10 takes the title of
that dialog ("Choose the file you wish to play") and uses it for the
rest of the application's session.  This is wrong of course.  The menu
bar should display the application's name.

Is there a way I can control the title of the menu bar?

The GUI of the application is written using Qt.