LTS regressions and duplicate bugs

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Tue Jun 12 16:22:57 UTC 2012

Hello list,

After upgrading one of my machines to Precise, I started experiencing
couple of problems. Thing is, the automatic report tool always did its job,
which was to check if the bug existed (it did [1]), and eventually point me
to askubuntu.com.

Thing is, the bug obviously exists, as I experience it over and over in a
fully upgraded machine, but this specific bug was closed as expired for
lack of response from the original poster.

I am never sure if my reports are sent or not, because I never appeared in
the list of subscribers for this bug (being the submission anonymous), and
I have no idea if the reports were sent at all.

I wonder if this happens by design or it is just something that went
overlooked by the apport team.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/912134

--
[]