nginx package

Bedwell, Jordon jordon at envygeeks.com
Wed Feb 22 17:45:26 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Andreas Moog <amoog at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On 22.02.2012 17:35, Deni Bertović wrote:
>> Unfortunalety that does not happen. That's the main problem.
>> After doing 'apt-get remove nginx', 'apt-get autoremove' does NOT remove
>> the nginx-full and nginx-common packages.
>
> That seems to be a problem on your system then, not with the nginx
> package, see http://people.ubuntu.com/~amoog/nginx-install-remove.log
> for a complete run of 'apt-get install nginx, apt-get remove nginx,
> apt-get autoremove'.

Without seeing where he mentioned his OS I'll just assume he's on
12.04 where this is a problem.  Apt does not autoremove some package
(and you always have to do apt-get autoremove --purge twice to get it
to autoremove) and it always leaves lib remnants even if
auto-installed and no longer needed requiring you to rely on deborphan
to remove the libs or to manually track it yourself (which shouldn't
have to be the case.)  There are also problems with removing packages
with a + in the name, using the + results in an attempt to install not
uninstall example: apt-get autoremove --purge memtest86+ tells me it's
already installed I have to memtest86* to get it removed on our
virtual servers.