[Maria-discuss] MySQL's future in Debian and Ubuntu

Colin Charles colin at montyprogram.com
Thu Feb 16 02:29:22 UTC 2012

Hi!

On 14 Feb 2012, at 20:28, Fabio T. Leitao wrote:

> Remember that MariaDB is not just "compatible" with MySQL, but it kind of IS MySQL, forked and re-branded.

I like to say that it is MySQL, branched and re-branded with additional features. It is not a fork. We rebase with MySQL on a regular basis, so you get MySQL + all the additional features we've included

	cheers,
	-c
--
Colin Charles, http://bytebot.net/blog/ | twitter: @bytebot | skype: colincharles
MariaDB: Community developed. Feature enhanced. Backward compatible.